BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Migraines

I get migraines. I get migraines a lot. These aren't just bad headaches, these are debilitating, nauseating, excrutiating headaches. Whenever I get a little bit stressed, or I don't get a good night's sleep, I get this nagging pain behind my right eye. The worst part about it is that I do have a prescription medication I can take for my migraines, but since I'm one of the millions of Americans without health insurance, I can't afford to fill the prescription. I call my doctor's office every 3 weeks or so to try and get samples and sometimes they are able to oblige. However, if they don't have any samples to give me, I'm often forced to fill the 9-pill prescription which costs me $233 out-of-pocket. These nine pills will usually last me through 2 or 3 migraines, that's it. I can't imagine what families do, who don't have health insurance, and who have serious health conditions. I do know that I thank my lucky stars every day that my kids and I are in good health (except for the migraines). If you happen to be someone who has health insurance, make sure you take advantage of it. I only hope that someday soon, I will be able to read this and say, 'thank God I don't have to go through that anymore'.

0 comments: