BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Oops

I thought I had a hair appointment today. I get so excited when I realize that I get to spend a couple hours at the salon. It's so relaxing and I leave there looking...well, better than when I got there. So I arrive at 3:30pm, about 15 minutes early, all giddy. The receptionist recognizes me immediately (probably because I look like a kid in a candy store...every time) and asks, "Oh, are the girls not getting their hair cut today?" Crap. I forgot the girls. I knew this Monday was too good to be true. I breezed through the day, amazed at how alert I was for the first day after a long weekend. I was so thrilled about the thought of being pampered for a couple hours that I blew off the kids' haircuts. Crap. Crap, crap, crap! "Um, yeeeeeaaah, I'll be right back", I tell her as I practically fall down the steps trying to get to my vehicle. The kids' school is only about 5 minutes away, so I put the pedal to the metal and fly over to pick them up. It's funny because most of the time when I get there, Maci is like, "Didn't I tell you to pick me up early today???" And Aley plows kids over to get her things so she can get the heck out of Kids Club. Now that the girls are 8 1/2 and 11, they are SO over the whole having-to-be-babysat gig.

Today, however, I get there and they both just look at me as if to say, "what the HELL are you doing here??" I signed them out and watched impatiently as Aley tries to finish her snack (in a very unlady-like manner, I might add) and Maci stares back at me with her hands on her hips and the look of kill in her eyes. Excuse me for arriving early one day when they weren't expecting it. I hurried them along while explaining what an idiot I am. Maci, of course, half-whined, half-yelled all the way to the Durango because she's STARVING and now she has to get her stupid hair cut. Aley comes running behind us, also fake-crying because she needs food (and because she puts the Queen in drama queen).

I finally get them both in the vehicle and arrive back at the salon, just 5 minutes late for our appointment. Maci went first. Then Aley. By the time it was my turn, the moment I had been waiting for....Maci starts crying about how hungry she is, again. Oh brother, just forget it. I ended up rescheduling my hair appointment for next week. Then I realized I'm going to be in Phoenix next week, so I had to schedule it for the week after that. So much for my relaxing, 2 hours of pampering, appointment.

On a lighter note, the girls' hair looked great. Maci got an inch cut off her blonde lockes and Aley got a trim with some subtle bangs. It's amazing how much they are both starting to look like me. All of a sudden, I didn't even care that my hair still looked like it did when I arrived at the salon. I began to realize how fast my girls are growing up. (And how mouthy and demanding they've become.)

1 comments:

holly said...

love this background! also, love this story. too funny. have fun in phoenix next week - i'll see you on friday!