BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Supernatural

Over Thanksgiving break this past year, I took my girls out to Kansas City to visit my sister Terri, and her family. We decided ahead of time that we were going to have a movie-marathon and pig-out on junk-food. (Don't TELL me you don't have weekends like this...) Terri had mentioned to me that she had 4 seasons of Supernatural on DVD, but I had never heard of it. It sounded interesting enough so we began our 2-day marathon, watching the full DVD set of the first 2 seasons. I was hooked! It's basically about these 2 brothers, Sam & Dean, who fight evil (ghosts, vampires, demons, to name a few) in their quest to save the world from succumbing to the Apocalypse. I'm a big fan of battles between good & evil, hence my movie choices of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc. This show though, really takes the cake because it has action, humor, hot men, and an interesting take on some of the key players in God's army. If you've never seen it before, just watch it some Thursday night. I've downloaded some of season 5 to my iPod to watch on my extremely boring flights to Phoenix, so don't tell me what happens. I will leave you with a quote from one of the characters in the show, named Bobby. Supposedly evil spirits and demons are repelled by salt. Bobby had a demon in his house so he grabbed his shotgun and said, "get the hell off my property before I fill you so full of rock salt, you crap margaritas". It's that kind of humor that keeps me watching.

1 comments:

holly said...

i would think it'd be more like pissing margaritas, but what do i know?